Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Family, Life and Gospel Blessings

Today, January ONE 2013, I am feeling grateful for so much as I ponder over this past year.  My mother has been gone a year (Christmas Day).  I know it's been a hard year for my sweet Dad who misses her so much.  But, I also have seen him understand his purpose, the importance of the gospel in his life more than I have in years.  He is an inspiration to me.  We got to spend Thanksgiving with him and had him come down here for Christmas, such a great time.

Amber, after a lot of hard work, prayer and soul searching, now understands her purpose on this earth and has a renewed and vibrant testimony of Jesus Christ.  She is also the best mom in the world to the cutest grand daughter ever! 
 McKay has a great full time job for AT&T in Richfield, thanks to a loyal and dear friend of his.  He is doing well and loves his life working, playing and being a daddy to our little Jadi!
Alexa FINALLY found a full time "big girl" job after USU graduation a year ago -- working in Provo for DoTerra.  She loves it and now has a job with benefits! She is a beautiful daughter who is still on the hunt for the perfect man for her to share her eternity with!
AND.....WE ARE FINALLY going to have a WEDDING in our family!  We have waited a long time and we are thrilled for Lerin and John to tie the knot in March!  He is a wheat farmer from my old high school home town, Walla Walla Washington--It really is a SMALL world (they met while serving on their mission in Maryland).  His dad is now the Bishop of my old ward and his Aunt was one of my best friends in high school!  John is a great, hard working guy who we love.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Bridges! Keep posting, I just love seeing updates from you!

Christal said...

Not sure if you'll see this but wanted to thank you so much for your comment on my blog! To answer your question yes all of my children are adopted. Such a beautiful blessing in our lives and I can tell in yours too! You have a beautiful family I loved looking over your blog! I make jewelery to raise money so I can go to Europe and loved looking at your pictures from there! We love ST George we came there last year with all our kids and loved it so much we are thinking of coming again in April of next year! Anyway thanks so much for taking the time to write on my blog I love "meeting" new people:) Have a beautiful day:)