Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ready or Not!

Tonight the house is quiet and I am alone making my famous Bridges (actually the recipe came from my sister long ago) Sour Cream Chocolate Chips cookies and waiting for the big weekend to arrive. My daughter Alexa is coming home for the long weekend and bringing her roommates along for a "warm" (although it is suppose to be freezing here too....sigh) reprieve from the arctic of Logan. I am so excited to have the house full of laughing girls -- five 20-21 year olds should be a party, plus Lerin needs to have what she and Alexa call "twin time." They have really missed each other this year -- it is the first time they have lived apart.

Lynn, Lerin and I headed out for San Diego this weekend and just got home Tuesday night. Lynn and Lerin went to some training and I played and had some great "alone" time while they worked. The only bad part was that it rained on monday, so the San Diego sun didn't shine for me until Tuesday. But, we did manage to squeeze in a peak or two of the amazing San Diego temple, LaJolla beaches and a few other fun spots. But, the cool thing was that we were able to find the house where I was born in the Clairemont area. We had an hour to kill before church on Sunday, so we went scouting out the area. I can't believe my parents lived in a tiny 900 sq. ft. house with four kids.... Simpler times for sure.

Oh and another fantastic thing that is happening this weekend......THE AMAZING RACE is starting again .... Woo Hoo!!!! Yes.... I am a HUGE fan and YES.... I wait all week for the show. If I can't go to all those cool places during my life, at least I can dream and live through watching other people see and feel remarkable culture and sights of the world.


3 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

Glad to hear you are finally home. You have been missed! Guess Lynn will be busier now ehh...Y.M. Pres. Holy Moly! Perfect person for the job.

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

Man-I miss your cookies!

Dan Flake Family said...

It sounds like I need that cookie recipe. San Diego is one of our favorite places too. We also love LaJolla. I've told my family that if I ever come up missing, you'll probably find me in Lajolla cove!