I think the best days in life are always spent with family. Lynn and I cherish each time this happens as our kids get older. We spent the Easter weekend up north for a few days having fun with all our kids, plus Grandpa & Grandma Watkins, the "roomies" and Alexa's new "man-friend." Before the big trek up the freeway, we had some other fun with a few adopted "family" members on thursday night. We hosted the second annual "Davis High Track Team Pasta Dinner with the Bridges" on their way to the big Arcadia Invitational Track meet in California. We had 20 athletes and two coaches stop by for a pre-meet bite. We love Coach Talley! He was such an amazing influence on Lerin and Alexa's life that we still love to help out with the "team" whenever we can -- even IF we are hundreds of miles away.
After the team headed on to California, our next guests arrived literally within 15 minutes after they left. My dearest friend (grandsister's as we like to call each other) Shelli and her 4 daughters from Kaysville came to laugh, eat and chat for the rest of the night. We LOVE these cute gals and consider them a special part of our "family!" Shelli's mom and dad were influencial in making me who I am today and I will be eternally grateful to them.
Friday morning we headed up the freeway to Logan. We stopped and picked up Amber and then made our first stop in Brigham City to have dinner with my parents at Maddox (YUMMY..the turkey steaks and rolls are still to die for!) Restaurant. They will be down to visit us in May -- my 87 year old dad still loves a great round of golf! We then headed up to Logan for the night and then back down to SLC on Saturday. We had tickets for the REAL soccer game that afternoon. We finally met Alexa's new "boyfriend" and he hung out with us for the day too. We ended the day eating at the Skybox in Gateway watching the Jazz lose....again!
Easter Sunday was a perfect end to a memorable weekend.
We got up early to head over to Temple Square to get a good seat for the Tabernacle Choir "Music and the Spoken Word" Easter program. WOW....it was amazing. Even during the rehearsal before the actual broadcast started, the spirit in that place was undeniable. We were so grateful that all our children were there and could feel that special spirit through the music and words on such a beautiful Easter morning. The temple, the grounds, the bright sun, gorgeous flowers and the program were perfect reminders of hope, renewal and love for us and our family. He "is the way, the truth and the life."
5 comments:
That sounds like some "perfect" time together. Lucky you!
I love that pic. of your family. Cutest family in town. I am glad that you caught up with Shelli and girls. The Bridges' and Hunger's are two of my favorite families.
Mama Ireva. Wow. You never cease to amaze me! I love the post and I can just hear you telling me this story! I love you and your great fam! Hope to see you soon!
PS Can I come visit even when neither of the twins are home?
Gee Ireva, thanks for putting us on your blog!! We had a great time with you guys and are so thankful that we got to see you for a little while before you left! I love reading your posts, you are so spiritual without being preachy! I love it and I love you and your fam!
bridges!!!!! how come i never knew you had a blog! Now we can keep in touch over blogging and not facebook. How is life!?
Post a Comment