Changes are good.....I think?! A few years ago I did a presentation on the book "Who Moved My Cheese" for a group of educators.....as I remember, these were some of the points covered in the book....
Change Happens! Anticipate Change! Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old! Be Ready to Change Quickly AND Enjoy It Again and Again! Etc. Etc. Etc.
I couldn't help but think of this book today -- A change occured in my life and I find myself saying ....WAIT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NO NO not yet! I'm not ready for change....maybe tomorrow, but NOT today. When is "change" ever easy? I doubt that it is....so, I will do my best to "Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!" I will miss my cute YW so very much...Maybe change is hard because as I count up the years I have served in the YW organization in one capacity or another -- the number add's up to...wow....can it be almost 20 years!? Maybe my "cheese" is getting moldy - time for new cheese?! Of course, that must be it! So, for now I will remember this profound statement from the book -- "The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese!"
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment