Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Photo Proof

This Monday we received Lerin's usual letters and also a CD of photos in the mail..woo hoo!!! We finally do know that she IS really a missionary -- "photo proof!"
"JANE" - First baptism

Her letter this week included the following paragraph --

A couple of weeks ago we met a man named Min from Berma. One of his friends was a buddhist monk for 20 years. Min moved to America a few years ago and wanted to learn about Christianity. We were able to teach him yesterday evening. He is so smart. It was amazing to teach him. He wanted us to teach him 5 days this week but we had to limit him to 3 days. The spirit was so strong. He doesn't believe in God. He thinks of God as a possible creater but nothing else. He doesn't know how to pray so we taught him how to pray during the lesson. It was like teaching a child about God. During the entire lesson he asked very good questions. He is such a great guy. The spirit was so strong.

I can't wait to teach him tomorrow.The work is so good. I love it!

I can't imagine a life lived without believing or knowing God. Our child is teaching a grown man about the existence of God and teaching him how to pray. Wow. I am so grateful.

No comments: