First off -- Sister Bridges sent a few photos---had to post! She is doing great in West Virginia and has been so blessed.
Tracting on a country road in West Virginia
I love Christmas music--listening to old favorite CD's and new favorite CD's (Hilary Weeks new album is amazing by the way) makes me happy and totally transforms my mood. I have ZERO musical talent in my little body, but I am in awe of people who can sing, write, or play music. I appreciate their talents and am so grateful that they will share it with me. My favorite Christmas song of all time is "Oh Holy Night." I heard sung live this weekend at "Christmas in the Canyon" at Tuachan by Jenny Jordan Frogley. I remembered all over again why I love this song so much. Even though I am not a much of a crier -- tears did start to well up in my eyes as I listened to the words.
The final part of the song is my favorite and is a great message to us all this time of year.....
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger.
In all our trials, born to be our friend.
Truly He taught us to love one another.
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother,
and in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
let all within us praise His Holy name.
2 comments:
Yeah! You inspire me, keep writing.
Great to see you guys this weekend, don't get to see you enough! I'm going to go get Hillary Weeks' CD - loved her at Women's Conference! Love ya.
Post a Comment