Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiring Read

I just finished reading "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin.  Wow, I admire her even more now that I have read this book.  Her words gave me hope, inspired me and made me grateful for my life -- even with all the trials that seem to constantly appear around me and my family.  I was reminded once again, that the Lord knows me and he loves me.  He also loves  my children despite choices that they may make along their way.  He just wants His children to have faith, love unconditionally and hope that His light will guide them home.                                    
Here are a few snipets that I loved...
"Sometimes life throws you a curveball, but how thankful we should be that life is never boring.  Sometimes surprising challenges pop up; then we see what we're made of as we make choices about how to react to the circumstances."

A reporter wanted to discuss what she considered to be a string of "failures" and asked, "How do you handle so many setbacks?  How do you get through such a lousy week?" 

Sarah responded.....
"A 'lousy' week?  Really?"  I said.  My son just called from Iraq.  He is safe today.  We just found out the holes in Trig's heart are closing up on their own, thank God, and he won't need open-heart surgery.  My daughters are good, my husband is good.  Alaska is healthy and strong.  No, ma'am,it hasn't been a lousy week -- it's been great!"

I took a breath and accepted the sun's irresistible invitation to get outside and run.  I ran slowly, but my mind raced.  After a couple of miles, I had to slow down and walk....and then stopped on the grass and prayed.....
Then I thanked our Lord for every single thing we'd been through that year.  I believed there was purpose in it all.



2 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

Awesome! Alan is reading her book right now. I can't wait until he is done and I get my turn. We watched her on Glenn Beck last week and was so impressed with her ease, confidence, and dependance on God, and not afraid to say so. Love that woman!

mamashelli said...

My Dear Ireva Sister Friend, you always have such wonderful snippets of inspiration for me on your blog . . . I love going there from time to time to see what bits of wisdom and inspiration are there for me! I love you.