Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hope

“You can live without love,

But you cannot live without hope.” Vaughan J. Featherstone

Many friends have asked me from time to time… “How do you do it? There’s no way I could handle the trials you've had to go through like you.” I know that most people could and they would, probably better than me. Real life is hard. But after experiencing so much as a parent, I am ok with that most of the time. I know from experience that after the pain and hard stuff, the best stuff happens ~ so yeah I am ok with real life. I kind of laugh and smile to myself when I hear people allude to the fact that all will be rosy in their family if they do all the right things (FHE, family prayer, scriptures, service etc. etc.). After all what could go wrong when they are doing their part? Let me just say…..plenty !

I am not sure what other “stuff” is still yet to be learned as I carry on through my earthly life, but I will do my best to be taught and keep “learning” for as long as it takes. I will hold on to hope ~ after all, according to Bruce R. McConkie “hope is always centered in Christ; and without hope there can be no salvation.” So, I will continue to faithfully grasp onto HOPE for my children. What a grand word. Hope.

Last week our cute Sister Bridges wrote and this was a part of her letter, which touched my heart…..This work is true and real. The change which comes over people when they feel the spirit is such a gift to see. I don't know why the Lord has trusted a little person like me to change the lives of others. The spirit is the one which does the heavy lifting. I am so blessed.

What comfort I feel today as I have faith and hope for my children. I am blessed and lucky to experience my “real life.”

1 comment:

Kathy J said...

Amen sista!! You are such a great mom and inspiration! Love you guys!