Saturday, September 18, 2010

Coronado Island


Last week Lynn had a symposium at the Hotel Del Coronado, a famous old hotel on an island off of San Diego - so of course I was persuaded to take a couple of personal days and join him!  The hotel, the town and the landscape were gorgeous-plus the weather was a sunny 71 degrees! 
Besides watching a couple of dolphins play off of the coast one day, I witnessed real Navy Seal training for 3 hours one afternoon!  The week we were there just happened to be the pre-cursor to "Hell Week", which happens next week. There were 250 Seal candidates and by the time hell week is finished, there will be about 60 who actually become Navy Seals.  They were put through crazy hard stuff for the entire 3 hours and I can't imagine what the 'real' hell week must be like for these men.  Watching these men made me so grateful for such men who are willing to do this kind of thing for our country.

No comments: