Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My "Babies" are REAL Adults!

Yesterday my baby girls turned 21 years old. Where in the world did the time go? Lynn and I are both in shock that our YOUNGEST children are real live adults now. That makes us pretty darn old!!! Sigh..... They went this morning to the DMV to get what they called their "big girl" licenses--no more portrait style, now they are the big time horizontal style! We found this photo of them when they were FIVE. They had a huge party that year with about 20 friends. It seems like yesterday.





The big birthday weekend consisted of many of their favorite things, family, music and outdoor fun! Saturday was spent in Las Vegas having lunch with an aunt and cousin, shopping and the big Taylor Swift concert at the Mandalay Bay. Monday we all (minus McKay) went for a great hike in Padre Canyon, ate yummy food at In-n-Out Burger, went to the movie "Night at the Smithsonian" and home for presents and cake with McKay! It was a great family weekend.

Lerin and Alexa are both amazing young women who we are so proud to call our daughters. We are so blessed. Both have earned scholarships for their education through hard work and dedication to learning, have deep testimonies of the gospel and understand what life here on earth is really about. We are so grateful that they are part of our family. We love them to pieces!!!

3 comments:

Kiana Don said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINS! You as their mom needs to be complemented at how amazing they both are! They are such great examples to me and I count myself blessed because I know your twins! I love you all, and glad to see a good time was had by all! I'm still quite jealous of the Taylor Swift concert...love her. Anywho! I love the Bridges Family!

Allison said...

OK...I almost cried when I saw that picture of the twins when they were five. I am not sure if it is because they were such a big part of my life then or the fact that my little Annie turned five in March and I realized how fast time goes by. They are two fabulous girls. Happy Birthday Girls!!! Yah for "big girl" drivers licenses.

mamashelli said...

We love them to pieces, too! Thanks for stopping by the other day . . . it'a always so good to see you . . . any of you! Love ya.